Senior prom is approaching, so are tickets

The last dance of the year is on the way. Here are all the details about the dance, tickets, and more.

Photo by Ha

The time frame to buy tickets for the 2023 prom is fairly short.

Rogers High School will be hosting its last dance of the school year – senior prom – and tickets are now on sale.   

Tickets will be sold the first week to only seniors and only online starting at $20 on April 24. Ticket prices will go up progressively up to $45 during the last week of sales. Senior prom will be May 19, 2023, from 7-10 p.m. at Foss Waterway Seaport in Tacoma.  

Guest passes will be available on April 24 and due no later than May 17. All guest passes need to get signed by both people’s parents, the guest’s principal, and need to get approved by security guard Connie Richardson.  

Attendees who are less than 20 years old can come with guest pass; Rogers students who are underclassmen do not need a guest pass. Underclassman must be at least sophomores to attend. Every senior can buy up to two tickets, one for them and for another guest.  

Bookkeeper Vanessa Neeley would like students to purchase tickets early so the school can plan how many people will be there, how many chaperones they will need, etc.  

She also says, “it’s completely worth it for everyone to buy the first week.” 

The venue, Foss Waterway Seaport, Neeley says is “more glamorous” than last year’s location.  

It is a semi formal dance with the theme of “enchanted garden.”   

For decoration Neeley talked about “lots of lights, balloon lights, string lights and flowers.”  

Foss Waterway Seaport is also closer to more food options than last year. 

At the spring fling there were cookies, chips, and water. Neeley talked about having something along those lines at prom as well.  

There will be the same photo booth as homecoming at prom. Also, there will be a different DJ than homecoming or spring fling gathering the details about the DJ.