Ram Shack Videos: What’s Missing?

Story by Camryn Hulsey Rowe

The ram shack is a student store run by the Business and Marketing, BAM, classes here at Rogers High School. Year 3 BAM students are in charge of taking responsibility for the operations that take place in the store, such as business operations, advertising, managing, and continually keeping track of sales data weekly.

During my time spent in this business course all 3 years of my high school experience, I’ve come to be increasingly interested in bettering the store on all accounts. This year becoming able to take on more responsibility, together as a DECA family we have developed our own ways to make the Ram Shack unique.

On Ram TV, students see the essential drinks and snacks that we sell, however, during the comical bits that are shown, majority of the time they fail to recognize all the new products and decorations the classes take time in and out of class to put up.

In hopes of bringing in more and more regulars, the BAM teacher, Stoltenberg, has broken up his year 3 students into 3 teams. Each with a store manager for each lunch shift to make sure everything goes well and smooth.

“I wish the Ram TV was more focused on what we do to make the store more appealing and intriguing to our students,” senior Madi Buhl said.

The Ram Shack videos are hopefully going to transition into being more about the work the class puts into the operation of the shack, rather than the products purchased.

Some students have taken time to design new and improved new apparel for our rams as well. So, basing the videos more on the Ram Pride gear that the Ram Shack has in stock would even be beneficial to the Rogers population to rep their school in bold blue. They have sweat shirts, T-shirts, sweat pants, and beanies.

There are often a variety of sizes, colors, and designs to choose from.

“I think if more people knew about the new clothing items we have brought in, then more people would definitely come in to check them out,” junior Bailey Tompkins said. “They’re great quality and a great way to show everyone your ram spirit.”

So, come in today and check out all the products and services the rams in the shack can provide for our fellow ramily members!